What do the icons do?
Touch an icon for information:
Select an aspect ratio and a composition grid for the viewfinder.
Choose from 5 shooting modes:
- Single shot Take one shot, and edit the effect settings.
Multi shot Take multiple shots using the current effect settings.
- Steady shot Wait until the camera is still before taking one shot.
- Self timer Wait for a chosen time before taking one shot.
- Double exposure Take two shots and superimpose them.
Adjust camera hardware settings. These options are determined by your device's manufacturer.
- Resolution The size (in megapixels) and aspect ratio taken by the camera. Note that this can change when a frame is added.
- Scene mode Special modes provided by your device for different conditions.
- White balance Compensate for the colours of different light sources.
- Focus mode If your device supports macro focus, you'll find it here.
If your device has a flash, choose when to use it here.
Increase or decrease the exposure (brightness) of pictures.
Vignette provides 10x digital zoom on all devices.
How do I take a picture?
To take a picture, you can:
- Touch the screen.
- Press the camera button, if your device has one.
- Press the volume button.
How do I focus?
If you're using Hybrid focus mode, long-press the screen/camera button/volume button to focus.
In any other focus mode, the camera will focus automatically when you take a picture.
What is Hybrid focus?
Phone and tablet cameras have very deep depth-of-field. This means that everything more than a few metres away is in focus
by default. Vignette's Hybrid focus mode only focuses the camera when you long-press the screen/camera button/volume button,
so you can take a picture quickly, without focusing, when you need to.
Can I control zoom or exposure with the volume buttons?
Press , open Settings and Camera settings, and change Volume buttons.
How do I change where my pictures are saved?
Press , open Settings and JPEG file settings, and change Save folder.
How do I turn on geotagging?
Press , open Settings and JPEG file settings, and change Store location data.
If you need the GPS coordinates stamped on your pictures, take a picture, then press and choose a Timestamp format that includes the location.
I have another question
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.